Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > Concert Happenings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2005, 05:40 PM

PT Roxx!

Saw the guitar hero last night at the Ramshead Tavern, where I've seen lots of nice acts. We got front table and I have his sweat to prove it

I have a Pat Travers pick from 20 yrs ago, I should have showed it to him. As it was, I almost caught a drumstick in the head. His heavy-set drummer (who had his kit almost straight down like he was hitting in his lap) lost his stick and flew right on the table. I was thinking about keeping it, but he's a bid dude, so I just tossed it at his feet (he had a spare anyway, of course).

Everyone was yelling the typical Travers hits, I decided to cross him up with "Hang On Sloopy". He actually played that about 15 yrs back...and wagged his finger at me like, "no we're not doing that one". Here's what he did...

Hooked On Music
Life In London
(these two tore the roof off)

Crash and Burn
(no keys, a bit disappointing, but still a great song)

I Don't Care
(from a later one "PT=MC2 ) I think he wanted me to buy it because on all three tunes from that record he came over in front of us.

Heat In the Street
Elijah
Stevie
Take Me To the Pilot

(This was eerie. He smoked through a cover of the Elton John song. I just happen to be playing this on the show this week! I wanted to tell him that, but I didn't want to take up his time after the show.. I did convince my friend Craig to chat with him. Craig's wife works at PRS guitars, where Pat visited today. Craig gave him a CD of pictures he took, and Pat signed three of them blown up to letter size).

Won't Play that Game
P.T. Nutz
(this is the Peanuts song. Stu Hamm did a roaring version on bass whenever I saw him, but this was fun in its own way).
Snortin Whisky
Boom Boom
Born Under A Bad Sign

A newer band, four piece.

I wasn't expecting to be blown away as in the past with him. He's got some age, but boy can he still play.

I tried to attach pics, not sure if it works....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: