Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Corner of the Mooniverse
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 05:24 AM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
COTM #76 - RUSH (for Art's Sake)

Hello Aural Moon fans.

In honor of the start of the latest tour by the perennial favorite group of many prog fans, I bring you the first live album by RUSH. All the World's a Stage was recorded in June of 1976 and released this last week of September that same year, 1976. (Actual date was September 29, 1976).

This album marked the end of what some call the 1st phase of their career. It also started their trend to produce 4 studio albums and then a live album. This album covers their debut album, Fly by Night, Caress of Steel, and 2112 (the tour they were promoting when the performance was recorded.) The album shows the group in their favorite environment - Live. It's power and energy raises the experience of their songs. There really isn't much better a Rush live experience.

Also for your pleasure today I have a more recent release. During the Time Machine tour in 2011, the band performed Moving Pictures in it's entirety. I was able to attend this tour (but not this specific performance as it was recorded in Cleveland, Ohio). The show I saw from this tour was a consummate show, one of the best all around shows I have ever seen by anyone. I'm not sure if this album, released primarily as a DVD but included a double CD, in November of 2011. It was recorded earlier that year in April.

Moving Pictures was originally released in 1981 and has some of their most recognizable work for the general listeners. Tom Sawyer became one of their biggest chart hits.

I hope you will enjoy both selections today.

Dale

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 09-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Administrator

Re: COTM #76 - RUSH (for Art's Sake)

I'm honored Dale ... assuming you mean for my sake :-).

The Rush concert this week was great. Musical selection : http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rush/2...a-3dde137.html , lighting, use of big screen video were all excellent. Unfortunately they didn't have the sound right. While it was good (and loud :-) ), it was "muddy". We had floor seats directly beside the sound board. Should have sounded the best there! Regardless, it was great to see and hear them. For a couple of guys approaching their 60's, they are still kicking ass! The new material was really well done. They played for an hour, took a 20 minute break and came out with 7 or 8 string players and played for two more hours doing almost the entire Clockwork Angels. Didn't play BU2B :-(

Cheers,
Art

Name:  Rush.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  40.8 KBName:  can_wave.gif
Views: 607
Size:  7.9 KB

Last edited by artw : 09-29-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:37 PM

Re: COTM #76 - RUSH (for Art's Sake)

very good DALE ,,Rush music always in ears ,,,,,,,ART,,I did not know you like RUSH !....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: