Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > Music Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2001, 06:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to Lost Dreams
Thumbs up Ambrosia

I just realized... I have this Ambrosia song running through my head and thought it'd be nice to hear it. The cd I have is Life Beyond L.A. and the song isn't on it. Bummer it's not here either. Avian, Jim, perhaps you could dig around and maybe add "Holding On To Yesterday" and maybe "Nice, Nice, Very Nice". Those songs are on the first Ambrosia. They are great prog songs and would fit with the format, imo. That wimpy song "how much I feel" doesn't belong here.

If anyone had the chance to see them when they did their small hall tour this summer (I saw them in June here in Akron, Ohio), I'd like to know what you thought of it. Feel free to send me an e-mail. That's all for now, later.
Old 09-06-2001, 12:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to Earl Grey
Talking Friend of Burleigh!

I have to let Burleigh know about your thread here! I have a, well, 'Indi-release' that I recorded back in 1994, and Burleigh Drummond played drums on it: I was THRILLED to work with the man ('Whatta Guy!'), enjoyed his candor, and 'Spinal Tap' jokes about 'AMBROSIA': 'AMBROSIA', One of the great 'undiscovered' PROG wonders.
The one bit of advise 'B' had for me, was, "Beware of your hit. You'll play it forever, and if it is less than your best material, you will have to live with it".
Good advise!
I'll never forget the night I went to see "Ambrosia" play at the Ventura Theatre. I was all set, had backstage & all the bells & whistles, & it seems that David is allergic to walnuts: he ate a cookie in the 'green-room, that had WALNUTS in it! David 'P' went to the ER, the show was cancelled, & the rest is MISERY! LOL! Such is life! Anyway, I'll be sure to tell the 'Drummerund' of the band about your thread!
Take Care, Earl Grey.
Old 09-06-2001, 12:55 AM

Lightbulb Bye the way...

...You might enjoy Burleigh Drummond's 'Current' project, "TIN DRUM". Definately ""PROG" & they play quite a bit out here in LA.
Thought you might like to know (They do have a web-site).
Old 09-06-2001, 01:03 AM

LOL!!!

Ambrosia
Old 09-06-2001, 01:37 AM

Well...

Progressive music has many aspects and various tangents: there's room enough for all of us, without 'bashing' or deriding anyone else's tastes.
I've noticed a few posts that confounded me, certain bands mentioned by people that I wouldn't consider 'progressive' even if I was rolling on the biggest hit of ecstacy ever eaten, but I usually keep my laughter to myself, rather than LOL in the face of someone elses 'likes or dislikes' that might differ from my own.
This is just IMNSHO....

Last edited by Earl Grey : 09-06-2001 at 06:17 AM.
Old 09-29-2001, 02:48 AM
Owner/Program Director

Well, I went through the 30 second excerpts on CD Universe, and I have to say there were some pretty good moments on the first 2 Ambrosia CDs, but not enough to convince me to buy them and put them on the station. If you still think there are some songs (or even the whole album) worth consideration, rip a (legal) MP3 and e-mail it to me and we'll give it serious consideration.

Thanks!

Progdirjim
Old 09-29-2001, 03:02 AM

Unhappy Ambrosia & Allah & er, cabbages & kings..

Hi! I've been like the rest of the contemporary world these past 2 weeks: stunned, equal parts saddened to the quick, & Fucking Angry as a venomous serpent. Check out:

http://www.theonion.com/onion3734/go...dont_kill.html

Just trying to figure out how to hold on to my clear-headed 'respect for life' world-view, and assimilate the new disorder of things...
Anyway, I'll return with further 'Ambrosia' as soon as I can figure out what the current food of the given gods actually IS at present time! Talk Soon! Namaste, Earl.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: