Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Corner of the Mooniverse
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2016, 07:42 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
COTM - #261 - Isao Tomita - RIP

Several weeks ago another music legend slipped away from us. Isao Tomita died on May 5th. So, I am bringing to you this week a few of his creations that you may not have heard about.

Up first is The Bermuda Triangle. It was released in 1978. The Tomita website (www.isaotomita.net) describes the album: "Tomita weaves his own sonic inventions into excerpts of music by Prokofiev, Sibelius and John Williams to depict a science-fiction fantasy - a story at once plausible and imaginative, the details of which are largely elucidated in the mind when subjected to Tomita's sound."

Next is Tomita's interpretation of Ferde Grofe's piece Grand Canyon composed in 1929. in rich electronic atmosphere's Tomita guides us on a trip down in the the gorge.

Finally I have various tracks from other works, including some of his soundtrack work.

I hope you will enjoy this nod to his great body of work and the vast influence Tomita had on the music world.

dale

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 05-24-2016, 06:34 AM

Re: COTM - #261 - Isao Tomita - RIP

Dale,

Very much looking forward to the replay of this show! Thanks for honoring a wonderful synthesist!

Regards from Texas,
Ted

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: