Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Corner of the Mooniverse
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2016, 05:46 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
COTM - #361 - Encore #215 - Kerr's Pink

Greetings Holiday Fans of Prog

I have an encore show for you this week. So much to do and so little time.

It is the music of Norway as represented by the groups below. I hope you enjoy the show.

COTM - #215 - Kerrs Pink
COTM - Feature #215 - Kerrs Pink, Foxtrot & Wobbler

Greetings Freaks and Friends.

This week marks the start of a short series focusing on the groups of Norway. I'm sure you're familiar with many of them, especially groups like Magic Pie, Gazpacho, White Willow, and Kerrs Pink.

To start the series I am looking at Kerrs Pink and one of the spin off groups called Foxtrot. They both have a blend of the folklore of Norway that they blend with English Art Rock of the mid - late 70's. Obvious comparisons of the band to Camel are made, but I also would include a comparison to Grobschnitt as well. I will play their debut album released in 1980.

During a Hiatus of Kerrs Pink guitarist Haralk Lytomt formed a group called Foxtrot. They are similar in sound with the main difference being that they sound a little more like the 80's version of Camel. They only had one album with was released in 1984. It is titled A Shadow of the Past.

To close out the show, I want to introduce to you Lars Fredrik Froislie. He is the keyboardist behind several groups of Norway. The first group I want to play is Wobbler. They debuted in 2005 with Hinterland, a great album. The follow-up album was called Afterglow and it was a collection of material they had written prior to Hinterland as they explored their style and created demo pieces. Afterglow was released in 2009.

Well, that's the scoop from Soddy Daisy. I look forward to seeing you on the Radio.

Happiness is a worn pun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: