Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Corner of the Mooniverse
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2013, 08:50 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
COTM - #122 - Galahad, Goblin & Zappa, Oh My

COTM - Feature #122 - Galahad, Goblin & Zappa (Oh My!)

This week's playlist is as scattered as my mind this week. I'm in the throws of moving (just across town) and our final moving sale is Saturday. But don't think I just spun the wheel or tossed darts. Very scientific and calculated factors were used in rendering this line-up. I also used a public poll to refine the list.

We start off with a very recent release from Galahad. They are a group that exemplifies the current tones of prog or neo-prog. Heavy guitar bordering on Metal is at the forefront with atmospheric sound scapes behind strong vocals with a biting and topical lyrics. This group here serves to show the changes since the golden days. Now, Galahad ain't no spring chicken either. They've been recording since 1991, over 20 years.
I will playing their 2012 release Battle Scars.

Up next is a return to the golden years of Italian Symphonic prog in the form of Goblin. I'll be playing their 1976 album Roller, which was their 2nd album. The band is centered around the heavy but amazing keyboards of Claudio Simonetti. This group has been active as recently as 2006 with a release of an album, Back to the Goblin. Inbetween the beginning and now, the group found a niche in movie soundtracks, perhaps, much like Tangerine Dream did as well.

In the third spot is an example, or should I say reminder, that we really shouldn't take all this stuff so seriously. That's right folks, don't touch that dial! Frank Zappa is coming your way for your listening pleasure. The album is 1972's Waka / Jawaka. One of the musicians on this album is the late George Duke joining the usual suspects of the early 70's. So, sit back for Frank's Big Swifty.

So, that makes it all clear and concise now, right? No? Well, I hope you enjoy nonetheless.

See you on the radio.

d

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 09-14-2013, 09:58 PM
Patron

Re: COTM - #122 - Galahad, Goblin & Zappa, Oh My

Sounds like a great show. I hope your move went well.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:36 AM

Re: COTM - #122 - Galahad, Goblin & Zappa, Oh My

OHD,

Sounds wonderful. Like Toby - I hope your move went well!

Looking forward to the replay tomorrow AM!!

Regards from Texas,
Ted

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: