Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Corner of the Mooniverse
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2015, 08:12 AM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
COTM - #220 - Nektar and Hawkwind

Greeting my friends. I have a bonus broadcast of an early show from 2010. It features 'Journey to the Center of the Eye' by Nektar and 'In Search of Space. As a slight twist I filled out the show with some digressive cuts by artists that had a connection to progressive rock at some point, but stayed jusssssst a little outside. Here's the original announcement.

--------------------

COTM Artist Spotlight - Hawkwind Space Out
Greetings fellow space travelers.

This weeks artist spotlight takes us on a journey in space with one of the original Space Rockers: Hawkwind.

Their first release was self-titled and is probably one of the most commercial sounding of the lot (I hate to call it the most 'pop' like). Hawkwind was released in 1970 to medium critical review. It did, however, definitely catch people's attention.

In 1971, their 2nd album, In Search of Space was released. They were definitely headed into space with this release, but I'd say their feet were still planted on Terra Firm. This album has a couple of songs that I most closely associate them with: Master of the Universe and Children of the Sun.

I hope you enjoy your mid-day space out.

Peace Out!

dale
_____

Happiness is a worn pun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: