Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2004, 08:55 AM

Live Music

Have any of you seen any good bands live recently.

I was lucky enough to see Yes this month and am going ot see Rush in September.

I have seen Rush before but amazingly had never seen Yes.

I have just discovered Camel - but alas they have finished touring apparently.

Any suggestions for other bands who are still touring which are worth seeng?
Old 07-17-2004, 05:01 PM

Kansas, Styx, Journey, Porcupine Tree, Dixie Dregs, Ambrosia have all been excellent concerts that I attended and the bands are still touring.

I too will see Rush, on July 30th. I plan to see Nektar / Caravan in Atlanta Sept 15th. I've been waiting over 25 yrs to see those 2. And together?? Hoo-boy!!

Alas, I drove some 500 miles to Camel's cancelled Alanta show. One of my life's biggest disappointments... but I got over it, with the help of their dvds.

I know there are many more that I should mention, but my memory extracter is on the blink...
Old 07-17-2004, 05:32 PM
KeithieW

This last week...........

Seen:
The Groundhogs
Marillion
Yes
Todd Rundgren

All excellent gigs. Especially Yes and Todd.

Next week I'm off to see Nik Turner's Space Ritual band. Quite a few ex. Hawks turning up for what should be a veritable Sonic Attack to the system.

Stan (good to see you back in the Forums matey ) will have a great time at the Nektar gig. I saw them about a month ago and they were superb.

Welcome to the Moon tgleeson. Hope you come back and post often. Drop into the chat room to for some lively and often hilarious debate on many subjects. Good to see ya!!!!
Old 07-17-2004, 10:59 PM

Over the past couple of months, I've seen King's X, Rush, and Kansas. All were well worth it. At the King's X show, I got to meet the band afterwards and get everybody's autograph, which was really cool. Rush was excellent, but unfortunately it was kind of cold and rainy, and I was stuck in the unsheltered lawn. Kerry Livgren played with Kansas at the show I attended. It was the first time I've seen him play with rest of the band, which was a real treat. I'm hoping to catch Yes and Dream Theater in August and am still waiting for King's X to add a Pennsylvania/Ohio date to the next leg of their tour.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:19 AM

Recent and favorites

I saw Nearfest, Sonus Umbra, Eyestrings, Dada, and others this year and have Ozric Tentacles and Yes on the schedule. Too many to mention - just see what you can while you can!

Ambrosia is still an item? Wow!

editors note: he is very jealous of Bob meeting King's X, as they are the best live band I have ever seen .
Old 07-19-2004, 11:45 PM

Re: Recent and favorites

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick and Roll
King's X, ... they are the best live band I have ever seen .
Ditto Rick. Ditto. If you have a chance to see King's X, do it.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:52 PM

I have seen Styx multiple times in the past two years and they just get better each time. I saw Rush twice on the VT tour and was blown away again by just how good they can be. Won't see them this time around as I am leaving the country for vacation a day before they play in my area. Going to go see Yes in September. Saw them last year as well and they were great as usual. Also, hopefully going to see Nektar and Caravan too. Thanks to Keithie W for informing me on that one. Going to see Journey at the end of August but unfortunately it won't be a Prog show I am sure. Not much else comes around Central NY
Old 07-20-2004, 05:20 PM

Journey's no slouch live. I saw them in Jacktown, MS with Foreigner as the opener. It was the first tour with Steve Augeri. Good solid setlist, filled with hits and five or so deeper album cuts, like "Escape." You'll have fun - and you'll probably get a new appreciation of just how good Neal Schon is. He is Journey (he and bassist Ross Valory).
Old 07-20-2004, 08:48 PM

I agree Yesspaz..............I didn't mean to make it sound as though I'm not looking forward to Journey. I have never seen them other than the Live DVD I just bought and I have third row dead center........yes, quite pumped to see them. I have ninth row dead center for Yes so in a matter of three days I'm going to see a good bit of great music. Always liked Schons' work and think that the rest of the group compliment him and the music well. Going to be a rockin' good couple of days in Syracuse.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: