Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-03-2005, 12:34 PM

Re: Off to the UK again...

Quote:
Originally posted by VAXman
Santa was good to Martha
And you're still there?

Anyway, are you taking the kids out of school? After that cell phone video of the that NJ teacher I don't blame you (actually the kids were to blame I think on that one).
Old 03-03-2005, 01:02 PM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman
Re: Re: Off to the UK again...

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick and Roll
And you're still there?
Remember, Santa only comes once a year!

Quote:

Anyway, are you taking the kids out of school? After that cell phone video of the that NJ teacher I don't blame you (actually the kids were to blame I think on that one).
Lawyers, the NJEA (New Jersey Extortion Assoc.) and DYFS (Dept. of Youth Fascist Supremacy) are to blame. Schools have gone down the toilet because you can't discipline the kids without having one of more of these aforementioned entities interfering. The schools teach them from the get go that they should cry "DYFS" if mummy or daddy or teacher hurt them; thus, empowering the children and disenfranchising the parents and other authority figures (as you've witnessed in that cell phone video).
Old 03-03-2005, 01:16 PM
Patron

I'm jealous, vax! Those are the same flights I took in Oct/Nov.

This will be a great and eye opening time for the kids. They might even thank you one day.

Take face masks for the flights...those throwaway paper things dentists wear...so that you don't have to spend two weeks in bed for all the wrong reasons, and get better just in time for the flight home.

Give Keithie, L and Jam a squeeze the stuffing out hug for us. No RMortis this time?
Old 03-03-2005, 03:08 PM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Quote:
Originally posted by mossy
I'm jealous, vax! Those are the same flights I took in Oct/Nov.
Flt.18 is a bit early on the arrival but I'm hoping the misro-brats tire early (earlier than me) so we can have a little evening pub time and relax.

Quote:

This will be a great and eye opening time for the kids. They might even thank you one day.
I'm not taking them because I want to... I'm taking them because I have to. Nobody wants to sit my miserables; especially, the bwitch.
Besides, all but Kevin have already been there. Then didn't appreciate it then and I doubt that they will this time save for Kevin.

Quote:

Take face masks for the flights...those throwaway paper things dentists wear...so that you don't have to spend two weeks in bed for all the wrong reasons, and get better just in time for the flight home.
Repeat after me: Guinness for Health. Guinness for Health.

Quote:

Give Keithie, L and Jam a squeeze the stuffing out hug for us. No RMortis this time?
Will do. RM knows where we will be. I won't drag the misro-brats over to Denmark though.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Patron

I would like to come over for a party but work commitments are rather heavy plus the last committee meeting take place that evening so I won't be coming this time - sorry as I am (tears)

I'll have to think of something else.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:05 AM
KeithieW

Quote:
I'm hoping you'll get the chance to do that for yourself some time mossy. I'll willingly accept one from VAX in your absence though..........be gentle with me VAXman.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:07 PM
progger propellerhead

Quick Update.

The Marillion Weekend is over. 'Twas fantastic. Over 800 photos and many are superb (as many who have seen them have told me). I think they could be better but this was a learning experience with a new camera and lens. They are what they are and I'll post them as soon as I can find some decent high speed internet. My guess, however, is that I may need to wait until I am home since I have many several GBs of photos.

I am presently sitting in Jam's "studio". Got some pix of that too.

Jam is now driving my wife, son and daughter to a local hotel. He can't fit all of us into his car at one time so he is making two trips. Both he and Laxmi have been very gracious seeing as how we dropped in virtually unannounced as my daughter talked away all of our mobile minutes and didn't inform us until we were well enroute to pay a call on Jam.

Daughter (bwitch) has been a royal PITA. She is begging to have us send her home early. She just doesn't understand that changing the flight arrangements we presently have is going to be difficult. Personally, I wish she would have simply stayed home and destroyed the house with some teen party bash than to tag along. Made my first eve of the Marllion Weekend less than enjoyable and that was the gig were Marbles was to be played in its entirety. She has to sometime realize that paybacks are a bitch.

Anyway, don't want to depress you with my woes. Just wanted to say where things stand in the trip.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:14 PM

any idea i had of taking the kids

to England........are dashed

Glad you're enjoying it! See you soon.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:22 AM

how many pics from Italy?

Hi guys,
Nothing?

Do you want my pic?
(no better no!)

...maybe Eric from Alsace, is very close to me about 1500kms..

com'on guys to visit my sun days in the south...

ciao a tutti, thanks everybodyyyyyyy

Isa
Old 03-15-2005, 02:58 AM
KeithieW

Re: how many pics from Italy?

Quote:
Originally posted by isabella
Hi guys,
Nothing?

Do you want my pic?
(no better no!)

Isa
Isabella,

Get a picture up in the gallery like the rest of us Moonie regulars.

Just send it to Roger.lee and he'll do the rest. As you're becoming a regular poster in the Forums I'm sure the rest of our family would want to see you too.

Ciao bella.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:46 AM

now we've falling...

thank you sir!

I'm busy we some cows!
Just I'm milking my 'aunt Rosy'...it was over the new door mat!

... wow, we've a new neighbour!!
yah, is uncle beaver! yah with a new pair of headphones for listen the last gig
in the sky....

no, no pic sir!
Old 03-15-2005, 12:43 PM

Where are you Isabella ? You said you were close from me ... where exactly ?
Old 03-17-2005, 12:29 PM
progger propellerhead

UK Phone #

Keith, or annyone wanting to mobile faff....

07901 808714
Old 03-18-2005, 02:51 AM
progger propellerhead

VAXman reporting

It's half 8 in the morning and I'm sitting here in the Coffee Republic shoppe on St. George's Street in Oxford awaiting the opening of the Jessops Photo Shoppe just down the street.

Had a blast during the Marillion weekend. Took some 800 pix and even managed to get the band to give us a photo pass for the Sunday night so Martha and I sat in the photo pit in front of the rail. Beat the shit outta queueing in the cold for hours hoping to get a front row vantage point. Made many new friends from around the world and event ran into a few old friends like the fellow from Cyprus that we met at the Astoria gigs in July.

We left on Monday headed south and east to visit Jam and Laxmi. On the way from Butlins to Taunton where we were to get our train, the coach broke down. That threw the proverbial wrench into the works. Anyway, by the time we reached Romsey (where Jam&Laxmi reside) it was about 6 in the evening. Jam found us lodging at a very nice hotel/B&B and went out of the way to accomodate us considering that the brats were most definitely on their VERY WORST behaviour. We went to dinner at an Indian Restaurant (Naz) and, in keeping with their bad form, the brats were completely disrespectful and rude. Very embarrassing. So much so that I called and changed the bwitch's flight to send her home early.

Laxmi went to work on Tuesday and Jam showed us about Romsey.
When Laxmi returned from work, we walked to the train station and bid them farewell. Off to Oxford.

We've spent 3 nights here in Oxford taking day trips out (Blenheim Palace, Windsor Palace,etc.). We also put the bwitch on the train back to London from here so she could go home.

That's it up to the minute. Off to London and hope to meet up with Keith (and Pam???) this evening. The other 3 bratties can spend the evening in their hotel room since there's not much they can do if they tag along. These brits are smart about one thing: no little bastards allowed in the pubs. Makes them (the pubs) such nice places to hide.

In addition, it looks like I lost yet another CPU fan on my main server. Looks like the environmental monitor shut it down. No way to update with pix until I get back home.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:21 AM
Faffer-In-Denial

µVaxes...

It was great to see Vax and Martha again and to meet the µVaxes...

It's funny (peculiar) that meeting people from here one just seems to fall into conversation - no awkward silences or "this person isn't what I expected" ... great!!!! ...

µbrats? .... hrm... I suppose that teenagers are teenagers .. this seems to be quite universal ... (at least in the countries I've visited)... and Kevin was lots of fun (P.S. we've got his self-made-map if he wonders where it is - in case of persistent request it could be scanned and sent )

... will be looking forward to a more pub/gig oriented meeting sometime in the future though

Sadly, can't make the London meeting tonight - Laxmi is away visiting her sis and I'm not in a position to get into town ..

Good luck, happy travelling and look forward to the next moonie-meeting..
Old 03-18-2005, 03:47 AM

Ciao dal sud

Hi from the south!

Dear M. Eric, I live in south Italy, 15 hours of train far from you..
so if you want a little bit of very hot weather in sun days please take the
first train to Venezia and one to Bari, I keep you in my hometown:
you're welcome yet

Do you know Bondage prog band from Italy?

Ciao a presto, Isa. (Bye)
Old 03-18-2005, 06:18 AM

Re: VAXman reporting

Quote:

Had a blast during the Marillion weekend.
There's an afraid of sunlight auction on the Nearfest dits. Maybe if they paid me....

sorry, couldn't resist a shot there. Thanks for the update!
Old 03-18-2005, 11:00 AM
progger propellerhead

Re: Re: VAXman reporting

Quote:
There's an afraid of sunlight auction on the Nearfest dits. Maybe if they paid me....

sorry, couldn't resist a shot there. Thanks for the update!
You ought to listen once! Beats the shit outta that earbleed Ozzy noise.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:16 AM

Re: Re: Re: VAXman reporting

Quote:
You ought to listen once! Beats the shit outta that earbleed Ozzy noise.
I have Seasons End, Brave, and Holidays In Eden. Not fond of the latter two, that's why I don't own any more. I have listened to AOS though. And a bit of Marbles. Hey, I listened to Godspeed once in the car.

At least you didn't say "hear it twice"!

Glad you enjoyed yourself. Now I'm going to put on some Judas Priest.
Old 03-19-2005, 03:15 AM
KeithieW

Re: VAXman reporting

Quote:
Off to London and hope to meet up with Keith (and Pam???) this evening. The other 3 bratties can spend the evening in their hotel room since there's not much they can do if they tag along.
Met up with VAX, Martha and their 3 boys last night and had a great time. I arrived at their Hotel and parked my bum in a chair in the piano bar. Ordered myself a large glass of Fleurie (delicious!!) and chatted to the very pretty piano player. I was just about to ask her for her phone number when I remembered that it was the VAXites I was visiting so I called and within minutes they arrived.

It was great to see them again and just as good to meet the lads. Kevin seems to be really interested in vacuum cleaners and maps . He is definitely well on the way to being a proghead

After a few rounds we headed off to a pub and had a meal of Bangers and Mash washed down with copious amounts of the Black Nectar. I had to do my impression of a London Underground station announcer for Kevin. He seemed to enjoy that but the people on the next table kept looking at me as if I had three heads. Some of us brits have no sense of humour it seems.

More Guiness flowed and Kevin got tired so Martha took the boys back to the hotel and joined us again later. VAX and I decided that the (c)Rap music was doing our brains in so when Martha got back we headed off to another, quieter, pub. Much better!!!! More Nigerian Lager flowed and much laughter. It's amazing how people can get on. I love it.

Walked the pair of them back to the hotel and decided that "the road" wanted another drink. Ordered a couple of pints and another Fleurie for me but Martha didn't get to drink hers as son Christopher decided that he was going to have it.

Everyone was a little tired by now so we decided to call it a day. VAX, Christopher and Martha went up to their room and I staggered over to Victoria station and got a taxi home.

Just want to say "Thanks" to VAX, Martha and the lads. I had a great evening and I look forward to seeing you all again. Bless you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: