Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2002, 10:04 AM

May Day !

I have just finished writting my Congressman. (Man I thought I'd never do that...:}) Using the links and (modified) form letter it was relatively painless. I urge all members to do the same and help support this great form of quality radio !!!

Old 05-01-2002, 11:12 AM
Patron

Send a message via AIM to Sheridan3957
Hope you get an actual reply. All I got was a basic form letter response thanking me for my concern. I certainly hope people out there are at least making the effort. The links do make it very easy. Without EVERYONE'S efforts I guess I'll be back to listening to my cd collection again instead of an excellent internet radio station like this one. Too bad I don't have millions of dollars to go to Washington and buy off the politicians the way the RIAA and it's lobbyists do. Good luck to Avian and the rest of us!
Old 05-01-2002, 03:07 PM
Owner Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to Avian Send a message via AIM to Avian Send a message via Yahoo to Avian
Thanks for your efforts, guys. Believe me, every email or call helps. If you are really looking to make a larger impact than an email, try calling your congressman, and telling whomever you end of speaking with about how bad the CARP decision is! Phone calls always have more impact, since it takes them actual physical effort and time to talk to you. Faxes are also very effective!

The RIAA wants to muscle in and take over any and all internet radio. Hey, they have millions to make! and they certainly can't compete with all of us out here doing this better than they ever could. And they almost did it without anyone noticing, essentially behind closed doors. It was just about a slam dunk. They sure must be happy about CARP's decision! The proposed fees you see posted are not an exaggeration - the average webcaster would pay tens of thousands of dollars a month in RIAA royalties. Does any of it go back to the artists? It also requires radio stations to track all kinds of confidential information from you, offending your privacy, and burdening us tremendously. Needless to say, whoever came up with this does not know the internet.

You've probably noticed that we've enlisted a special playlist today to help spur action. "The Spirit of Radio", "Freedom Riders", "The Musical Box", "Battle Lines", "Song for America", "Spirit in Chains, "On the Silent Wings of Freedom" and others...
Old 05-22-2002, 08:43 PM

Stinkin' rates

I just read in the paper this eveing that the government rejected the proposed royalty rates but they will define some level of rates by June 30th. The article is pretty vague after that. It also mentioned they shot down charging the rates retro-active back to 1998.
Anyone have any more details?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: