Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-23-2007, 03:30 AM
progdirjim's Avatar
progdirjim(Admin) progdirjim is online now
Owner/Program Director
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,920
Take action! against recent copyright ruling

Cut and paste from an e-mail I received:

1) Take action, by contacting your Washington Representatives directly. You will find their names at this link: http://www.congress.org/congressorg/...ory/congdir.tt.

2) Sign a petition reflecting your disagreement with the Copyright Royalty Board's decision: http://www.petitiononline.com/SIR2007r/petition.html

Thanks for your interest!
Jim
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-23-2007, 06:13 AM
Ted's Avatar
Ted Ted is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Round Rock, Texas
Posts: 640
Re: Take action! against recent copyright ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by progdirjim View Post
Cut and paste from an e-mail I received:

1) Take action, by contacting your Washington Representatives directly. You will find their names at this link: http://www.congress.org/congressorg/...ory/congdir.tt.

2) Sign a petition reflecting your disagreement with the Copyright Royalty Board's decision: http://www.petitiononline.com/SIR2007r/petition.html

Thanks for your interest!
Jim
Jim,

I have done both things. I have email all three of my Senators/Reps and signed the petition. Aural Moonies - Unite - Make your voice heard!

Ted
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-23-2007, 07:08 AM
Rick and Roll's Avatar
Rick and Roll Rick and Roll is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Baltimore suburbs
Posts: 5,086
Re: Take action! against recent copyright ruling

This is my comment......

"No one is being harmed by internet radio. And the artists will not benefit by this legislation. In fact, THEY will be harmed. Please do not tamper with a fine product that only serves the public interest."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-23-2007, 12:33 PM
jtmckinley's Avatar
jtmckinley jtmckinley is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan (near Detroit)
Posts: 367
Re: Take action! against recent copyright ruling

I've already sent email to both Senators and signed petitions as well. Fingers crossed...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-23-2007, 06:23 PM
ZoOgY-DoOgY's Avatar
ZoOgY-DoOgY ZoOgY-DoOgY is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: France
Posts: 16
Send a message via ICQ to ZoOgY-DoOgY Send a message via AIM to ZoOgY-DoOgY Send a message via MSN to ZoOgY-DoOgY Send a message via Yahoo to ZoOgY-DoOgY
Re: Take action! against recent copyright ruling

I was about to sign and saw "US citizens" etc... :\
What exactly is this ? I'm not sure to understand what's going on. Can someone tell me a bit more to clarify ? It doesn't sound very good (to not say it sounds bad)...

[EDIT]Ok, nvm, it is completly clear now, I found another article... (http://www.1.fm/Community/tm.aspx?m=7428) This is really bad news. I have two more questions now to ask :
- What about Aural Moon precisely ?
- Is there anything Aural Moon/Internet Radios listeners who are not living in U.S. could do ?

__________________
"That's what radio once was, and should ever be"

Last edited by ZoOgY-DoOgY : 03-25-2007 at 09:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-26-2007, 07:10 AM
PeterG's Avatar
PeterG PeterG is offline
Patron
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Middleton,MA
Posts: 174
Send a message via AIM to PeterG
Re: Take action! against recent copyright ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoOgY-DoOgY View Post
<<snip>>
I have two more questions now to ask :
<<Snip>>
- Is there anything Aural Moon/Internet Radios listeners who are not living in U.S. could do ?

My suggestion for non US residents would pick a Senator... (Maybe Hillary Clinton, since she is running for prez she can be put on the spot) and write a polite letter stating that you are from another country and since Internet radio is a worldwide phenomenon, you are distressed that a decision like this will ruin internet radio for people all over the world. etc...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-26-2007, 07:17 AM
VAXman's Avatar
VAXman(Admin) VAXman is online now
progger propellerhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Posts: 2,281
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman
Re: Take action! against recent copyright ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
My suggestion for non US residents would pick a Senator... (Maybe Hillary Clinton, since she is running for prez she can be put on the spot) and write a polite letter stating that you are from another country and since Internet radio is a worldwide phenomenon, you are distressed that a decision like this will ruin internet radio for people all over the world. etc...
Don't waste your time on her; the only thing Hillary Clinton is concerned with is Hillary Clinton.

There are some more prominent Senators and Congresspersons that are not concerned about the White House that would be better bets.
__________________
VAXman -- Watcher of the moon, watcher of all.
----------------Mopper of the moon, mopper of all.
-------------------- Aural Moon's Janitorial Services
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-26-2007, 07:53 AM
KeithieW's Avatar
KeithieW KeithieW is offline
The London Headbanger
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,916
Re: Take action! against recent copyright ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAXman View Post
Don't waste your time on her; the only thing Hillary Clinton is concerned with is Hillary Clinton.

There are some more prominent Senators and Congresspersons that are not concerned about the White House that would be better bets.
Suggest a few names VAX and let me know how to contact them and I will. This is a bit of a hot potato and needs to be handled well.
__________________
KeithieW
*************************
Nous sommes du soleil
We are of the sun. We can see!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-26-2007, 09:06 AM
ZoOgY-DoOgY's Avatar
ZoOgY-DoOgY ZoOgY-DoOgY is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: France
Posts: 16
Send a message via ICQ to ZoOgY-DoOgY Send a message via AIM to ZoOgY-DoOgY Send a message via MSN to ZoOgY-DoOgY Send a message via Yahoo to ZoOgY-DoOgY
Re: Take action! against recent copyright ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithieW View Post
Suggest a few names VAX and let me know how to contact them and I will. This is a bit of a hot potato and needs to be handled well.
Exactly. Same here, and I guess one friend will be ready and maybe friends of this friend etc...
__________________
"That's what radio once was, and should ever be"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-26-2007, 01:35 PM
kirk's Avatar
kirk kirk is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NW Canadian border, Blaine Wa.
Posts: 468
Re: Take action! against recent copyright ruling

Sorry Jim. This is sickening.
This is the goddamned RIAA, trying to stop the hemmorage.
I'm seeing a lot of effort on my, and many other indies
circling the bowl along w/ you.

Here's a link to better explain the situation to all-
http://www.saveourinternetradio.com/about/

One thing I may have missed, but didn't see mentioned,
is that the ruling is retroactive to Jan. 2006....
meaning that station owners owe someone a ton of money
even if they halt operations immediately.

My guess is, they'll drag RadioParadise, or one of the other biggies
into court, make an example of them to scare the crap out of
the rest of you.

The only solution I can see is to decentralize the server points
stream directly from multiple sites/computers ala some of the surviving
DVD piracy sites.
Vax- Is that possible?

K
__________________
Zenpool
at SongPlanet

www.cdbaby.com/zenpool
available at itunes, toweronline, bestbuyonline,
sony direct, rhapsody, loudeye...
IOMA award winner "best producer"2004
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-26-2007, 01:42 PM
kirk's Avatar
kirk kirk is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NW Canadian border, Blaine Wa.
Posts: 468
Re: Take action! against recent copyright ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithieW View Post
This is a bit of a hot potato and needs to be handled well.
hey KW-

You don't know this government, do you?
You can't imagine how much "lobbying" $$ was thrown into
this by the RIAA.

The only option of this being "handled well", is akin to the
final scene of "Frankenstein".



Kirk
__________________
Zenpool
at SongPlanet

www.cdbaby.com/zenpool
available at itunes, toweronline, bestbuyonline,
sony direct, rhapsody, loudeye...
IOMA award winner "best producer"2004
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-26-2007, 02:31 PM
VAXman's Avatar
VAXman(Admin) VAXman is online now
progger propellerhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Posts: 2,281
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman
Re: Take action! against recent copyright ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
Sorry Jim. This is sickening.
This is the goddamned RIAA, trying to stop the hemmorage.
I'm seeing a lot of effort on my, and many other indies
circling the bowl along w/ you.

Here's a link to better explain the situation to all-
http://www.saveourinternetradio.com/about/

One thing I may have missed, but didn't see mentioned,
is that the ruling is retroactive to Jan. 2006....
meaning that station owners owe someone a ton of money
even if they halt operations immediately.

My guess is, they'll drag RadioParadise, or one of the other biggies
into court, make an example of them to scare the crap out of
the rest of you.

The only solution I can see is to decentralize the server points
stream directly from multiple sites/computers ala some of the surviving
DVD piracy sites.
Vax- Is that possible?

K
I'm concerned with the ripple-down effect this will have. There are stream replication services that, once people start taking down their stations, will fail. In turn, these replication services are big subscribers to internet pipeline providers. This CRB decision will affect many things. Even *IF* every track that falls under the auspices of the RIAA was removed from the Aural Moon library (removing AM's indebtedness to these bastards), I fear that the replication services -- being hit by others pulling out -- will increase fees. I think we are all in a no win/no win situation unless the CRB reverses this rate decision. As I see it, we all have a snowball's chance in hell of that happening. Sorry for being the harbinger of such a dismal destiny.

*If* there was a viable and affordable replication service outside the US, it would be a possible avenue to avoid this "blood money leeching" from the RIAA leeches.


FWIW, I did write my 2 senators (both worthless shits) and my congressman Chris Smith.
__________________
VAXman -- Watcher of the moon, watcher of all.
----------------Mopper of the moon, mopper of all.
-------------------- Aural Moon's Janitorial Services
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-26-2007, 03:00 PM
kirk's Avatar
kirk kirk is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NW Canadian border, Blaine Wa.
Posts: 468
Re: Take action! against recent copyright ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAXman View Post
I think we are all in a no win/no win situation unless the CRB reverses this rate decision. As I see it, we all have a snowball's chance in hell of that happening.
Agreed. The RIAA's losing billions per year to the CD's decline.
Internet radio's easy pickings compared to Itunes, ect.
which is controllable by crawling into bed w/.

Quote:
*If* there was a viable and affordable replication service outside the US, it would be
a possible avenue to avoid this "blood money leeching" from the RIAA leeches.
Or move the ISP/server to a Euro site, former Communist-
bloc country, or the Phillipines...?
http://pinas.dlsu.edu.ph/tech/isp.html

I'm not that up on this end of the tech, but maybe i can
get lucky, spark an idea.

K
__________________
Zenpool
at SongPlanet

www.cdbaby.com/zenpool
available at itunes, toweronline, bestbuyonline,
sony direct, rhapsody, loudeye...
IOMA award winner "best producer"2004
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-28-2007, 11:43 AM
kirk's Avatar
kirk kirk is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NW Canadian border, Blaine Wa.
Posts: 468
Re: Take action! against recent copyright ruling

Here comes another round-

Musicians Campaign for Free Internet
By DIBYA SARKAR, AP Business Writer
4 hours ago

WASHINGTON - Sensing a revolution in the way Internet traffic is managed, rock musicians find themselves in the unusual position of defending the status quo.

Independent, lesser-known musicians and smaller record labels launched a nationwide campaign Tuesday to support the idea that all Internet traffic should be treated equally, which they said is under fire from providers who want to charge a fee to have some Web sites load faster than others.

The Rock the Net campaign, made up mostly of musicians who are on smaller record labels or none at all, said they're fearful that if the so-called "Net neutrality" principle is abandoned, their music may not be heard because they don't have the financial means to pay for preferential treatment.

Some said they don't want to pay. The Web, they said, has allowed many unknown musicians to put their music online, giving fans instant access to new music and giving bands greater marketing capabilities.

They said independent record labels are also on an equal Web footing with major players like Apple Inc.'s iTunes.

"It could be a pretty sad world where money alone buys the ears and anybody that can't afford it, can't get proper placement, is pushed off to the ghettos," said Derek Sivers, owner of CD Baby, an online store that sells compact discs by independent musicians.

K
__________________
Zenpool
at SongPlanet

www.cdbaby.com/zenpool
available at itunes, toweronline, bestbuyonline,
sony direct, rhapsody, loudeye...
IOMA award winner "best producer"2004
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-28-2007, 11:53 AM
VAXman's Avatar
VAXman(Admin) VAXman is online now
progger propellerhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Posts: 2,281
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman
Re: Take action! against recent copyright ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
Here comes another round-

Musicians Campaign for Free Internet
By DIBYA SARKAR, AP Business Writer
4 hours ago

WASHINGTON - Sensing a revolution in the way Internet traffic is managed, rock musicians find themselves in the unusual position of defending the status quo.

Independent, lesser-known musicians and smaller record labels launched a nationwide campaign Tuesday to support the idea that all Internet traffic should be treated equally, which they said is under fire from providers who want to charge a fee to have some Web sites load faster than others.

The Rock the Net campaign, made up mostly of musicians who are on smaller record labels or none at all, said they're fearful that if the so-called "Net neutrality" principle is abandoned, their music may not be heard because they don't have the financial means to pay for preferential treatment.

Some said they don't want to pay. The Web, they said, has allowed many unknown musicians to put their music online, giving fans instant access to new music and giving bands greater marketing capabilities.

They said independent record labels are also on an equal Web footing with major players like Apple Inc.'s iTunes.

"It could be a pretty sad world where money alone buys the ears and anybody that can't afford it, can't get proper placement, is pushed off to the ghettos," said Derek Sivers, owner of CD Baby, an online store that sells compact discs by independent musicians.

K
OK, da cat is outta da bag...

Tomorrow's theme is insanity. If you think all of this RIAA control is crazy, I would like to point you all to http://www.embraceinsanity.com There is much food for thought at this site.

Everything that is good and wholesome is eventually corrupted by greed or law or both.
__________________
VAXman -- Watcher of the moon, watcher of all.
----------------Mopper of the moon, mopper of all.
-------------------- Aural Moon's Janitorial Services
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-29-2007, 01:20 PM
Ted's Avatar
Ted Ted is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Round Rock, Texas
Posts: 640
Re: Take action! against recent copyright ruling

Here is the response I got back from one of my Senators:

From: "SenateWebmail@cornyn.senate.gov" <SenateWebmail@cornyn.senate.gov>
To: tacneil@sbcglobal.net
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2007 12:04:51 PM
Subject: Thank You For Contacting My Office

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Neil:

Thank you for contacting me about the important issue of music performance rights. I appreciate having the benefit of your comments on this important matter.

As you are aware, rapid advances in communications technology have led to the development of digital television and radio, as well as subscription satellite television and radio services. These new capabilities expand the range of choices available to consumers; subscription satellite radio is one of the most successful examples of quickly advancing technology. I welcome such consumer-driven innovation and enjoy a personal satellite radio subscription.

As expected, technological innovation also brings with it the threat of copyright infringement. While recent technology advances represent important achievements, we must, on principle, protect the intellectual property rights of those responsible for such innovation. You may be certain that I will continue working with my Senate colleagues to strike a balance between copyright protection and technological advance and that I will keep your concerns in mind should the Senate consider relevant legislation during the 110th Congress.

I appreciate having the opportunity to represent the interests of Texans in the United States Senate. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN
United States Senator





517 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Tel: (202) 224-2934
Fax: (202) 228-2856
http://www.cornyn.senate.gov
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-29-2007, 01:46 PM
Rick and Roll's Avatar
Rick and Roll Rick and Roll is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Baltimore suburbs
Posts: 5,086
Re: Take action! against recent copyright ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted View Post
Here is the response I got back from one of my Senators:
Ted, you obviously must have written a clear and concise note. The reply is probably as good as it can get.

As someone who has tried to work with legislators on traffic issues, it is extemely difficult to carve out time. Although he warns that the decisions may not be favorable to what we seek, there is at least a basic understanding and attention. At least it doesn't sound like he's blowing smoke up our asses.

I'm sure everyone knows someone in the political, medical, or law field. Although usually money drives everything in life, it doesn't necessarily make these professions evil. I can appreciate my cousin's husband (a State Senator) - although being a total 180 to my political views, is a nice family-oriented man.

Ted, you missed your calling...nice work!

Last edited by Rick and Roll : 03-29-2007 at 01:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-29-2007, 02:05 PM
VAXman's Avatar
VAXman(Admin) VAXman is online now
progger propellerhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Posts: 2,281
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman
Re: Take action! against recent copyright ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted View Post
Here is the response I got back from one of my Senators:

From: "SenateWebmail@cornyn.senate.gov" <SenateWebmail@cornyn.senate.gov>
To: tacneil@sbcglobal.net
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2007 12:04:51 PM
Subject: Thank You For Contacting My Office

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Neil:

Thank you for contacting me about the important issue of music performance rights. I appreciate having the benefit of your comments on this important matter.

As you are aware, rapid advances in communications technology have led to the development of digital television and radio, as well as subscription satellite television and radio services. These new capabilities expand the range of choices available to consumers; subscription satellite radio is one of the most successful examples of quickly advancing technology. I welcome such consumer-driven innovation and enjoy a personal satellite radio subscription.

As expected, technological innovation also brings with it the threat of copyright infringement. While recent technology advances represent important achievements, we must, on principle, protect the intellectual property rights of those responsible for such innovation. You may be certain that I will continue working with my Senate colleagues to strike a balance between copyright protection and technological advance and that I will keep your concerns in mind should the Senate consider relevant legislation during the 110th Congress.

I appreciate having the opportunity to represent the interests of Texans in the United States Senate. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN
United States Senator





517 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Tel: (202) 224-2934
Fax: (202) 228-2856
http://www.cornyn.senate.gov

OK... this needs translation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN CORNYN
Thank you for contacting me about the important issue of music performance rights.
Oh shit! Another US citizen writing me about something that counters what the RIAA's deep pocket, money driven lobbyists want me to do and to whom I am far more loyal to than any citizen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN CORNYN
I appreciate having the benefit of your comments on this important matter.
OK, I've responded with my crocodile tears hypocrisy. Oh intern! Please come here as I have something for you to file in the circular file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN CORNYN
As you are aware, rapid advances in communications technology have led to the development of digital television and radio, as well as subscription satellite television and radio services.
Corporations like XM Satellite radio and Sirius Satellite Radio have crawled into bed with the government to force feed you, and for a fee too, the same pablum shit you were getting before from free over-the-airwave commercial radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN CORNYN
These new capabilities expand the range of choices available to consumers; subscription satellite radio is one of the most successful examples of quickly advancing technology.
These new capabilities expand the profits extractable from the citizenry; satellite radio is the best example of this because it lured people into a false sense of belief that it was different from over-the-airwaves commercial radio shit. Same old shit but now you get to pay for it!


Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN CORNYN
I welcome such consumer-driven innovation and enjoy a personal satellite radio subscription.
We will decide what you will hear, and see, and make absolutely certain that you pay for it too! Look, it must be good for you as I am doing it too. Come on, you're just another stupid common citizen! Surely you will fall for the lame bandwagoneering argument I've just imparted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN CORNYN
As expected, technological innovation also brings with it the threat of copyright infringement.
As expected, technological innovation also brings with it the threat of freedom of speech and the free expression of ideas. Holy shit! This is america, we can't have the citizens actually having any real freedom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN CORNYN
While recent technology advances represent important achievements, we must, on principle, protect the intellectual property rights of those responsible for such innovation.
While recent technology advances represent important achievements, we must, on principle, censor any free ideas and thoughts, and restrict the rights of those using such innovation as the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN CORNYN
You may be certain that I will continue working with my Senate colleagues to strike a balance between copyright protection and technological advance
You may be certain that I will continue working with my Senate colleagues to strike down any freedom technological advances provide using the strong arm of copyright protection to bolster the profits of corporate america.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN CORNYN
and that I will keep your concerns in mind should the Senate consider relevant legislation during the 110th Congress.
...and I don't give a rats arse about your concerns. I am too busy trying to legislate more ways to fuck the american public.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN CORNYN
I appreciate having the opportunity to represent the interests of Texans in the United States Senate. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.
Now go crawl back under whatever rock you crawled out of and leave me alone to the special interests and lobbyists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN CORNYN
Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN
United States Senator
Bugger off! Long live the RIAA!

JOHN CORNYN
United States Senator
__________________
VAXman -- Watcher of the moon, watcher of all.
----------------Mopper of the moon, mopper of all.
-------------------- Aural Moon's Janitorial Services
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.

Last edited by VAXman : 03-31-2007 at 07:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-29-2007, 02:32 PM
VAXman's Avatar
VAXman(Admin) VAXman is online now
progger propellerhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Posts: 2,281
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman
Re: Take action! against recent copyright ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Roll View Post
Ted, you obviously must have written a clear and concise note. The reply is probably as good as it can get.

As someone who has tried to work with legislators on traffic issues, it is extemely difficult to carve out time. Although he warns that the decisions may not be favorable to what we seek, there is at least a basic understanding and attention. At least it doesn't sound like he's blowing smoke up our asses.
No, he's shoving a proverbial fist there! Naïveté.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Roll View Post
I'm sure everyone knows someone in the political, medical, or law field. Although usually money drives everything in life, it doesn't necessarily make these professions evil. I can appreciate my cousin's husband (a State Senator) - although being a total 180 to my political views, is a nice family-oriented man.
Perhaps you never heard the old cliché: Money is the root of all evil!
__________________
VAXman -- Watcher of the moon, watcher of all.
----------------Mopper of the moon, mopper of all.
-------------------- Aural Moon's Janitorial Services
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-29-2007, 02:43 PM
Rick and Roll's Avatar
Rick and Roll Rick and Roll is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Baltimore suburbs
Posts: 5,086
Re: Take action! against recent copyright ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAXman View Post
No, he's shoving a proverbial fist there! Naïveté.


Perhaps you never heard the old cliché: Money is the root of all evil!
While you're post is witty and amusing, and I appreciate the time you took, please don't spend any time responding to mine. I'm just complimenting Ted.

I fully understand the process and the fact that he probably didn't write the letter himself - naive is certainly not one thing I am.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 PM.