Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2001, 06:02 PM

Pendragon

Thank You
Old 09-29-2001, 02:54 AM
Owner/Program Director

PENDRAGON

You're welcome.

Anyone else notice this add? This is a GREAT band. Anything from Pendragon blows Yes-Magification away. Trust me, or flame me on another thread...
Old 09-29-2001, 06:04 AM
Owner Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to Avian Send a message via AIM to Avian Send a message via Yahoo to Avian
Great, except for one thing...

The singing on "The Last Man on Earth" (I think that's it). Wow. Maybe his monitor wasn't on during the show? That is one terrible vocal performance.

Avian
Old 09-29-2001, 06:32 PM

Maybe I'm A leo

The discovery of the likes of Pendragon and Sebastian Hardie are
to me what AM is truly about. I am the one who perpetually requests Openings from Sebastian Hardie and Paintbox from Pendragon. Two simply brilliant tracks.

From a personal point of view I tend to listen to WHOLE albums or full sides of albums at a time. I seldom select from my own collection individual tracks.

To me Openings and Paintbox are as close as I can think of MY definition of what progrock is. There are not so good or as good tracks on every album by every artist but one should
assess the album as a whole.

But everyone to their own.
Old 10-01-2001, 01:03 PM

Pictures of Home

Follow on to my above reply.

As I understand it, Pendragon were around at the time that Punk
swept Britain. It isn't really that the vocals are poor, it is more a question I think that they follow the Punk style in places on that track. Notice the emphasised word endings.

On the subject of vocals. I don't know what others think but throughout the many thousands of tracks over the years that I've heard, all too many have shown good opening promise to be wrecked once the vocals chirp in.

On AM there has also been many tracks that are new to me, (mainly post-1980) that have opened really really well only to
take a swandive when the vocals turn up. I am not a vocal fan I am the first to admit but to me the vocalists in all too many bands are pretty suspect. Very few are up to the job I believe.

I welcome your opinions but whilst you are listening to progrock, take particular notice to the vocals. Do they enhance the track or do they degrade a belter of a classic. Imagine if you will the tracks
with the vocals totally missing. I think you may be surprised.

Food for thought people - not intended as controversy.

A music discussion forum - what do you think people? Of course
no-one is right and no-one is wrong.

Gotta go - My Paintbox request has just started. Thanks lads!!
(for the umpteenth time).

Keep well.
Old 10-01-2001, 04:04 PM

Never Before

Please make any reply to Powerslave's thread 'Progressive Vocalists' on this subject, rather than here.

But first I would ask you to take attention to the points that I have made. It is more what is negative in progressive vocalists.

Consider this thread finished.

Thanks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: