Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Progressive Shores
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2004, 08:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to the_original_ib
This Fall: Yugoslavia, Netherlands, Israel, Mexico, Quebec

Hi,

The fall schedule will be posted to the website (www.toib.net/radio/ps/) sometime tonight. The countries I'll be doing are Yugoslavia (6 parter), Netherlands (4 parter), Israel, Mexico (2 parter), Canada (Quebec 2 parter).

I decided to hold off on Estonia, Bulgaria, and Russia/former USSR until I can do them well. Right now any show I do from these places would suffer from my lack of access to the really obscure stuff. I know people who have that stuff, so it makes sense to wait and do them at the right time. That might be in the Spring or next Summer.

I also held off on England for now to do the Netherlands instead. There are a couple of reasons for this, but suffice it to say there's a lot of great Dutch prog and hopefully you guys will like it. I have most of the best loved stuff and a good chunk of the rarities, so now seems to be the time to do the series.

For Yugoslavia things are finally right. I have pretty much all the cool stuff that I know exists from that country. Six parts will be stretching things a bit, but I don't anticipate having to return to the country afterwards. The breakdown will be: 2 shows on Serbia(Yugoslavia), 2 shows on Slovenia, 1 show on Croatia, and 1 show for both Macedonia and Bosnia (they are both too small to get their own shows).

Mexico and Israel were previously promised and I am about a medium-sized mail order away from being able to do both, so look for them in the November time frame.

Lastly, as recently requested I will do a couple more shows on Kebek-Rock, likely one on Quebec City bands and one I haven't really decided yet. Should be fun. Since I didn't play VEBB in my last series on Canada maybe this will be a convenient time to plug my own label (conflict of interest alert!). Haha.

Anyway, I'm optimistic for the Fall. Should be some good shows. Hope you guys can tune in.

Regards,
Sean
Old 08-30-2004, 12:44 AM
Owner/Program Director

Re: This Fall: Yugoslavia, Netherlands, Israel, Mexico, Quebec

Quote:
Originally posted by the_original_ib

Anyway, I'm optimistic for the Fall.
Regards,
Sean
The fall of what? Western civilization?

I'm looking forward to the next series of shows as well...
Old 09-02-2004, 09:01 PM

Wink Fall schedule

Hi Sean,the Fall schedule is mouth watering,can't wait for it all.What do you mean by my label?You're talking about MusiqueprogresSon right?If so,what's coming up on that label?I already have VEBB and am eagerly awaiting Toubabou.Ciao! Alain
Old 09-07-2004, 03:48 PM

Alain,

Yes, I am talking about Musique ProgresSon where I am one of the operators.

Toubabou is the next release and we will have another announcement soon. I will get the word out when it is official.

Regards,
Sean
Old 09-10-2004, 03:31 PM

Thank You!

I can't tell you how much I am enjoying this show. I was born in Bosnia and came to Canada in 1968. Needless to say I was too young when I left Bosnia to really feel a connection with my heritage but every once in a while I get reminded why I am the way I am. This show is one such experience. I had never heard Bosnian prog before but now I understand why I was drawn to certain Western groups and sounds (Primus especially). Thanks for putting another piece into my puzzle.
Old 09-10-2004, 07:27 PM
El Queso Grande

Location: Feet from the southern tip of the San Francisco Bay. Pity me.
Send a message via ICQ to Roger -Dot- Lee Send a message via AIM to Roger -Dot- Lee
WOOT!

Outstanding show, Sean! I was busy wrestling with a Solaris box (I beat it best three out of five!) during your show. It helped me keep my sanity, and it even provided inspiration. Very nice.

Roger -Dot- Lee, amazed.
Officially sanctioned station dude emeritus
Generally agreed upon second in command of OS, Web, and hardware. On the Moon.

"[m]y iPod is solar powered" Aural Moon!
Old 09-12-2004, 01:41 PM

YO,

"I can't tell you how much I am enjoying this show. I was born in Bosnia and came to Canada in 1968. Needless to say I was too young when I left Bosnia to really feel a connection with my heritage but every once in a while I get reminded why I am the way I am. This show is one such experience. I had never heard Bosnian prog before but now I understand why I was drawn to certain Western groups and sounds (Primus especially). Thanks for putting another piece into my puzzle."

Well, nothing makes the show more worth doing than comments like that. I'm really glad you liked it. It is a tiny scene but worth covering.

"Outstanding show, Sean! I was busy wrestling with a Solaris box (I beat it best three out of five!) during your show. It helped me keep my sanity, and it even provided inspiration. Very nice."

The moral of the story is to use Linux, right?

Regards,
Sean
Old 09-12-2004, 03:04 PM
El Queso Grande

Location: Feet from the southern tip of the San Francisco Bay. Pity me.
Send a message via ICQ to Roger -Dot- Lee Send a message via AIM to Roger -Dot- Lee
Quote:
Originally posted by the_original_ib
The moral of the story is to use Linux, right?

Regards,
Sean
Good point. Unfortunately, it isn't my call to make. If I was putting them together, it might likely be Linux...or one of the *BSD systems.

Ah well, it pays well.

(and I'm having fun at it, too)

Roger -Dot- Lee
Officially sanctioned station dude emeritus
Generally agreed upon second in command of OS, Web, and hardware. On the Moon.

"[m]y iPod is solar powered" Aural Moon!
Old 10-01-2004, 12:22 PM

Send a message via ICQ to mitbader
thanks so much for including israel this season.
can't wait for december....
your show's my favourite on aural moon, sean
and the only show that i actually try to keep track of here...

no offense to other shows, of course
Old 10-02-2004, 06:21 PM

Hi,

"thanks so much for including israel this season.
can't wait for december...."

It was overdue, there is a great scene from the country. I started with a couple of the wrong things and that slowed me down. But then I heard Zingale and Sheshet and knew there had to be more to find. There are two bands I have not heard that I am trying to locate before December but the show is basically ready now.

"your show's my favourite on aural moon, sean
and the only show that i actually try to keep track of here...
"no offense to other shows, of course"

Cool, thanks. Having people who like it and tune in makes it worthwhile. And the other shows have people who prefer them as well, I'm certain.

Regards,
Sean

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: