Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Corner of the Mooniverse
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2010, 03:47 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
Mooniverse Contest & Show #63 - Holiday Cheese

Greeting Mooniversians.

This weeks show, #63, continues our seasonal salute. It does, however take a slightly irreverent turn for a while to have a little fun.

I am also holding a contest for those that actually listen to the show. About 1:10 minutes into the show (give or take) I will be playing parts of an album that are classic Christmas tunes done in the style of a particular group. There will be 5 cuts per show - each of the show times/rebroadcasts will have a different set of five. The first person to email or PM me after the songs have played will be the daily winner. The first winner will receive the PULSE dvd by Pink Floyd. Other prizes will be announced as necessary.

How do you reach me:
Personal message here to OverHillandDale
Email: COTM.auralmoon@yahoo.com.

If no one wins, I'll replay the contest during next weeks shows.

Good Luck.

Admins, staff, D.J.'s and owners are NOT elibible to play.

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 12-20-2010, 04:05 PM
Patron

Re: Mooniverse Contest & Show #63 - Holiday Cheese

Great idea, OHD..the premier is on Friday, Dec 24 then?

(Would be great to have on the schedule, which is excellent thanks to Vax new design, the premiere show indicated, as I, as a stupid old man had to really think when the premiere show is ..)

Nevertheless...really great idea..

Old 12-20-2010, 05:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus View Post
Great idea, OHD..the premier is on Friday, Dec 24 then?

(Would be great to have on the schedule, which is excellent thanks to Vax new design, the premiere show indicated, as I, as a stupid old man had to really think when the premiere show is ..)

Nevertheless...really great idea..
Thank you, Lotus. This, and every new edition of COTM airs on Mondays @ 12noon. Shows on Wednesday and Friday are rebroadcasts. You will get a chance to play Wednesday. No one won today so the Pulse dvd is still available.

The information about which is the premiere show for any of the shows is in the text description for each specific show below the schedule. Just scroll down.

Happiness is a worn pun!

Last edited by OverHillandDale : 12-20-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:36 AM

Well, the 2nd run of the contest did not provide any winners. Lotus was able to get 3 out of the 5. Now, Vax did get all 5 right, but he was ineligible to receive a prize as he is a staff/admin (admins, staff, d.j.'s and owners are all ineligible to winning, but welcome to play.)

So, I am going to repeat the 1st set of pieces one more time this afternoon following New Moon on Monday's rebroadcast. So, be on the watch for the clues to be around 3pm e.s.t.

A completely new set of tracks will play on Friday evening with the rebroadcast - which is going to revert to it's original 9 pm (2100 hrs) e.s.t. time slot. If no one wins Friday night, I'll replay one more time sometime Sunday around 1200 hrs here.

Thanks for playing.

dale

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 12-23-2010, 04:21 AM

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!! For round 1 Mailotron was able to correct identify the five band styles of the songs.

1. Genesis
2. Led Zeppelin (stairway to heaven)
3. Peter Gabriel
4. Queen (it was the harmonies)
5. ELP

There will be a new set of songs for the Friday night broadcast which has returned to it's previous time of 9pm. 8pm just seemed too early for the west coast folks.

See you on the radio, down by the corner.

Happiness is a worn pun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: