Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > Music Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2003, 11:01 AM

Wet Dream by Rick Wright

One of my favorite albums is by Pink Floyd keyboardist,Richard Wright. "Wet Dream" is an often overlooked great piece of music.Check it out.
Old 04-13-2003, 08:19 PM

Interesting album. My uncle told me once it was his favorite album to "smoke" along with. I was less impressed with it after getting a copy. IMHO, Broken China is much better.

Hmm, maybe I should go throw it on again. I've been very wrong before on first listens (If I trusted that, I'd never have stuck with Larks' Tongues and certianly wouldn't be here).

Tommy

(np: Kraftwerk - Autobahn)
Old 04-14-2003, 01:53 PM

Eeeesh, Wet Dream....haven't listened to that since...since I was a teenager getting those dreams all the time...:-)))

I do remember liking bits of it; although it did have a fair bit of filler. Maybe I should look for that one on CD as my trusty turntable isn't quite so trusty anymore.

Broken China was pretty good; extremely under rated too.
Old 04-14-2003, 03:42 PM
KeithieW

Quote:
Originally posted by Extended Play
Interesting album. My uncle told me once it was his favorite album to "smoke" along with.
Yeah! interesting idea. My favourite "smoking" album was Hawkwind's Space Ritual Alive...........Christ!!! that could really get inside your brain!!!!

Any other contenders for the best???

PS. My "Skinning" album was always Tull's Aqualung.......no idea why!
Old 04-15-2003, 10:38 PM

smokin!

I was more of a beer drinker, which explains why Porcupine Tree bores me...

However, the Aphrodite's Child album "666" (a Vangelis brainchild) is easily my favorite. Side 1 has the very poorly sung and heavy "The Four Horsemen". Side 2 has the :56 classic "The Battle of the Locusts", followed by the flaming guitar solo, "Do It". Side 3 has the song where the young lady has a five-minute orgasm, and side 4 is the first three sides re-hashed (with a large emphasis on hash). Chariots of Fire it is not!

A second choice could be the Music From "The Body" soundtrack. That's just really strange.

Of course I got really toasted during a playing of Trower's "BLT" once, and went to work that way. Also, "Downwind" used to really be good with substances, and any Zappa, and....

that's enough. I'm getting buzzed just thinking about it!
Old 04-16-2003, 02:08 AM
KeithieW

Talking Re: smokin!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick and Roll
IOf course I got really toasted during a playing of Trower's "BLT" once, and went to work that way. Also, "Downwind" used to really be good with substances, and any Zappa, and....
Mmmmmm! I remember meeting Billy the Mountain and Ethel the Tree on one school outing. The teacher taking us on this hike was very concerned as to why the tree was called Ethel. :rolleyes
Old 04-18-2003, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Extended Play
Interesting album.... I was less impressed with it after getting a copy....
I listened to it again and gained newfound appreciation for the album. It's interesting that rick penned this b/t Animals & The Wall, since it doesn't sound like his contributions on either. Sound-wise, this is much closer to Wish You Were Here.

Tommy

(NP: AIR - Les Professionnels)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: