Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2019, 01:45 PM

Flower Kings new cd in one word

Phenomenal, Sensational, Fantastic, Amazing. Well ok that's 4 words but suffice to say this is a wonderful album and probably one of my favorites by them. I have read many mixed reviews on this album but in my opinion it flows really well and the songwriting and musicianship are top notch. My only complaint would be that the keyboards sound a little washed out but other than that I would rate this 5 out of 5 stars. Definitely it just surpassed my number one of 2019 so far. This will be in the player for a long time.
Old 11-27-2019, 01:33 PM

Re: Flower Kings new cd in one word

91 views so far and nobody has commented on this post. Used to be a time where the forums were a good place to discuss music. Oh well.
Old 11-27-2019, 03:32 PM

Hi Schup,
I share your opinion , a real FK grand cru
:-)
maillot
Old 11-30-2019, 08:35 PM

Actually, the new one seems to a bit weak to me. Perhaps it is because Tomas Bodin is not there and he is a favorite of mine. Then again, I have all of FK's albums, so maybe I'm just burned out.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by progscotty View Post
Actually, the new one seems to a bit weak to me. Perhaps it is because Tomas Bodin is not there and he is a favorite of mine. Then again, I have all of FK's albums, so maybe I'm just burned out.
Never get burnt out of TFK. One of the great prog bands today.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:12 PM
Patron

well my opinion fwiw, i like they've given a solid dose of The Flower Kings...immediately recognizable in sound and vocals, excellently produced as usual and fitting nicely in their catalog. it's very much like the early works without being repetitive IMO...and you know i adore Roine so ya i'ma fan...yes Tomas is missed
Old 12-05-2019, 10:25 PM
Owner/Program Director

I think highly of Bodin, however, I think this is their best writing in a LONG time - back since the early 21st century Maybe the best compositions since Rainmaker...
Old 12-07-2019, 04:33 AM

91 views so far and nobody has commented on this post
..... schupdoggy ... you emphasize the lack of discussion ... I wrote "Intelligent Quozient" on the new IQ album that has so far done 2258 views and no comment from the others ... not for this reason I think that my post was not appreciated .... and even if it had not been appreciated .... I am happy to have been able to express my opinion on the group and on the album ... then there are those who have a different opinion in positive and negative and do not want to make explicit in a post remains in the freedom of the people .... I'll give you your example on the album of flower kings .... if you I had written that this album has nothing exceptional ... maybe I would have written my opinion ... but being in agreement with your judgment the stimulus does not start ... however schupdoggy I understand what you say ... and I am in agreement on greater participation but must still remain the freedom of participate ... and if the comments do not arrive then it does nothing ...
there is always the music to listen to on AM which is the most important thing
Old 12-09-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by progdirjim View Post
I think highly of Bodin, however, I think this is their best writing in a LONG time - back since the early 21st century Maybe the best compositions since Rainmaker...
I totally agree with you Jim. Their best in a LONG time. Quite possibly my favorite by them. #1 in 2019 by far.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:20 PM
No clue anymore

OK, I will "Discuss". TFK was one of the first bands I got into (story there) when I found prog didn't die, it just hibernated. Elation! After a while they grew into a band that was not going anywhere musically and the albums gained "the same old, same old' category. I have quite a few of their albums they just faded into the mist. This album, although I cringe when I see a 2 CD set, Is pretty good. I liked it. Much better than some of the last few. Nothing knocked my socks off and the album has way too much vocals. Be that as it may I listened start to finish and never thought of skipping a track. From me, that's high praise.

" A dog will look up to you, A cat will look down on you, but a pig will look you straight in the eye" - W. Churchill

"There are three things Money can't buy, Manners, Morals and Integrity." - Me

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: